As each quarter passes it seems that the cost of water charges on our rates notice is steadily increasing. Here are a few simple little things we can do around the house to save water, money and help the environment.
- Turn the tap off while you clean your teeth, shave, or soap up before washing your hands. This can save up to 9 litres a minute.
- Take 4-minute showers. Cutting your shower time from 7 to 4 minutes will save up to 36 litres of water.
- When rinsing dishes or washing fruit, part-fill the sink instead of running the water. A kitchen tap uses about 9 litres a minute.
- Select water-efficient appliances when replacing any that use water. For example, if you need a new washing machine, think about buying one with AAA water rating.
- Only wash clothes when you have a full load
For more information or tips and advise, please contact us at the office on 0411 877 043 or email@example.com